DataFirst is involved in training and technical support for microdata management and usage in Africa. Training undertaken by the unit includes regular workshops on survey analysis to train African quantitative social scientists.
The unit also maintains the website for a web course on The Analysis of South African Household Survey Data which is a distance learning tool to advance regional quantitative analysis skills. The course is free and self-paced.
DataFirst works with the International Household Survey Network's OECD funded project, the Accelerated Data Program to provide tools and training for the management and dissemination of African census and survey microdata.
This diploma is intended to equip participants with the survey and data skills to contribute to the policy debates in South Africa and the world. Both the practical data skills as well as the theoretical understanding of the development and policy context will be emphasised.
The following courses will be offered either in person or online.
- Dealing with missing data in household surveys | 22-24 November 2023 | This course has been cancelled.
- Multiple Imputation using Stata | 27-29 November 2023 | This course has been cancelled.
- Introduction to Data Analysis using Stata | The next course will run in 2024
- Measuring Consumption
- Understanding Complex Social Survey Data| The next course will run in 2024
- Understanding Panel Survey Data | The next course will run in 2024
- Econometrics short course | The next course will run in 2024
- Understanding the South African Labour Market
- Measuring Economic Welfare | The next course will run in 2024
- Introduction to Data Analysis using R
- Analysing Spatial Data using R
Subscribe to our short courses mailing list.
By subscribing to our mailing list you will always stay up to date with our latest courses. We will never resell or repurpose your address.